Simply stated, Estate Planning distributes the real and personal property to your heirs. However, this is quite a complex process that can be further complicated by family issues and unusual financial situations and best handled by an experienced Estate Planning lawyer.
WHAT IS YOUR ESTATE?
Your estate is everything you own; total property, real and personal.
WHAT IS REAL PROPERTY?
Real Property is real estate.
WHAT CONSTITUTES PERSONAL PROPERTY?
Your personal property is everything that you own excluding real estate and may include but is not limited to bank accounts, investments, retirement benefits, insurance policies, heirlooms, jewelry, art, electronic equipment, collectibles…
WHAT IS AN ESTATE PLAN?
An Estate Plan is the process by which you determine how, when and to whom the proceeds of your estate are to be distributed.
WHY DO I NEED AN ESTATE PLAN?
A well crafted Estate Plan provides a multitude of benefits including but not limited to:
- Ensures that your assets are distributed as intended
- Determines care for dependent children
- Helps to preserve wealth
- Minimizes taxes
- Minimizes or eliminates probate and legal fees
- Ensures business continuity
- Designates charitable gifts
- Provides funds to cover funeral expenses
- Specifies your health care preferences should you become incapacitated
- Eliminates disputes over the distribution of your estate
Contact the C2 Global Law Estate Planning lawyers. We have the knowledge and experience to evaluate your individual situation and work with you to achieve your estate planning goals.