The C2 Global Law immigration lawyers have helped unite many families in the United States. This is not a quick and simple process. There are many options to consider, lists of never-ending criteria, and a host of confusing forms to deal with. However, we can help you arrange immigration to the U.S. for your spouse and family members if you are eligible to do so and your spouse/family members meet the requirements.
CAN I SPONSOR MY FAMILY MEMBER(S) TO IMMIGRATE TO THE U.S.?
Yes you can if you meet the eligibility requirements. You must be a:
- U.S. citizen
- Green card holder
- Refugee admitted as a refugee within the past 2 years or asylee granted asylum within the past 2 years
- U.S. armed forces member (special conditions may apply)
CAN I PETITION FOR A GREEN CARD FOR MY SPOUSE/FAMILY MEMBER(S)?
You can sponsor the following relatives for a green card:
- Children (unmarried and under 21)
- Sons and daughters (married and/or 21 or over)
- Parents (if you are 21 or over)
- Siblings (if you are 21 or over)
HOW CAN I SPONSOR MY FIANCEE?
There is a Fiancee Visa for your fiancee and children under the age of 21 if he/she is residing outside the United States.
I HAVE ALREADY FILED FORM I-130 TO SPONSOR MY FAMILY. IS THERE ANYTHING ELSE THAT I CAN DO?
You may petition for a K-3/K-4 Non-immigrant Visa for your spouse and children of your spouse if they are unmarried and under 21 years of age.
WHAT ARE PREFERENCE CATEGORIES?
Preference categories apply to family members who are not immediate relatives. There are visas available for preference categories but be aware that have annual caps. Preference categories are:
- First preference: Unmarried, adult sons and daughters of U.S. citizens (21 or older)
- Second Preference (2A): Spouses of green card holders, unmarried children (under 21) of permanent residents
- Second Preference (2B): Unmarried adult sons and daughters of permanent residents
- Third Preference: Married sons and daughters (any age) of U.S. citizens
- Fourth Preference: Brothers and sisters of adult U.S. citizens
Contact the C2 Global Law immigration lawyers today for assistance in reuniting your family as quickly and efficiently as possible.