Are you a foreign business owner interested in immigrating to Canada? If so the Business Immigration Program may be the ideal vehicle for you.
WHAT IS THE BUSINESS IMMIGRATION PROGRAM?
The Business Immigration Program is an initiative created to attract experienced business people to Canada. It is a federal program but the province of Quebec operates its own Business Immigration Program. Business immigrants who meet certain experience and/or net worth criteria are encouraged to apply. There are three classes of business immigration:
It is very important that you have a clear understanding of each class and ascertain which of the classes you qualify for. You can only apply for one class and the class cannot be changed once the application is submitted.
WHAT IS THE SELF-EMPLOYED PERSONS PROGRAM?
The Self-Employed Persons Program has been designed for individuals who intend and are able to become self-employed in Canada.
WHAT ARE THE REQUIREMENTS FOR THE SELF-EMPLOYED PERSONS PROGRAM?
Self-Employed persons must have either:
- Relevant experience that will make a significant contribution to the cultural or athletic life of Canada
- Experience in farm management and the intention and ability to purchase and manage a farm in Canada.
In addition self-employed persons must meet:
- The selection criteria for self-employed persons that include your experience, education, age, language abilities and adaptability
- Medical, security and other requirements
- Demonstrate that you have enough money to support yourself and your dependants after you arrive in Canada
WHAT IS THE ENTREPRENEURS PROGRAM?
The Entrepreneurs Program has been designed to attract experienced business persons who will own and actively manage businesses in Canada that contribute to the economy and create jobs. However, Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) has temporarily stopped accepting applications for the federal entrepreneur program. Only applications received before July 1, 2011, will be processed. This suspension will continue until further notice.
Contact the C2 Global Law immigration lawyers to assist you with business immigration. Our immigration service encompasses the entire process from determining the appropriate class of your business immigration to advice on what to expect after the application process.