Immigrant Investor Program, Federal & Quebec
There are several ways in which business people can become permanent residents of Canada. One such avenue is the Immigrant Investor Program. This is a federal program that applies to all of the provinces except for Quebec which operates its own Immigrant Investor Program. The C2 Global Law immigration lawyers can assist you in becoming a permanent resident of Canada through the Federal or Quebec Immigrant Investor Program if you meet the eligibility requirements and criteria. Our services include but are not limited to:
- Education on the intricate workings of the Immigrant Investor Program
- Ascertaining your eligibility
- Handling the application process for you
- Advising on qualifying and supporting documentation
- Calculating the application fees
- Advising on making your investment
- Providing information on medical exams and police certificates
WHAT IS THE IMMIGRANT INVESTOR PROGRAM?
The Immigrant Investor Program is a both a federal and Quebec program for business people willing to invest a minimum of CDN $100,000 (generally non-refundable) into a qualified investor program or CDN $800,000 (refundable) into Canada's economy and become permanent residents. Investors in the Federal or Quebec Immigrant Investor Programs must invest CDN $800,000 and have a net worth of CDN $1,600,000.
IS THERE A LIMIT ON THE NUMBER OF PEOPLE THAT CAN APPLY TO THE IMMIGRANT INVESTOR PROGRAM?
The Federal Immigrant Investor Program has a cap of 700 complete applications in a year which will reset every July 1st until further notice. The cap does not apply to the Quebec Immigrant Investor Program.
WHAT KIND OF PREVIOUS BUSINESS EXPERIENCE IS REQUIRED TO QUALIFY FOR THE IMMIGRANT INVESTOR PROGRAM?
Previous business experience is a must. You must have either managed:
- A qualifying business and controlled a percentage of equity of a qualifying business for at least two years in the period beginning five years before the date of application
- At least five full-time job equivalents per year in a business for at least two years in the period beginning five years before the date of application
WHAT IS DONE WITH THE INVESTMENT MONEY?
The investment money is allocated to participating provinces and territories in Canada where the funds are used for job creation and economic development. Your investment is managed by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) and is guaranteed by the Canadian provinces that use it.
IS THIS INVESTMENT MADE AS A GIFT IN RETURN FOR BECOMING A PERMANENT RESIDENT OF CANADA OR QUEBEC?
No, the full amount (without interest) of the refundable investment will be repaid to the investor after five years or at the latest within five years and three months after the date of payment.
HOW DO I KNOW THAT I WILL GET MY INVESTMENT RETURNED?
The return of the investment is fully guaranteed by participating provinces and territories.
AM I OBLIGED TO START A BUSINESS IN CANADA?
No, investors are not required to start a business in Canada.
The Federal and Quebec Immigrant Investor Programs are very complicated and involved a significant amount of money. The process should be handled by seasoned immigration lawyers. Contact the C2 Global Law immigration lawyers today to schedule a consultation.